Dear  Lars-Göran, I prefer to use asap my second FIS bullet, therefore it will
be my last FIS mail for the next days.
First of all, in special relativity, an observer is NOT by definition a
material object that can receive and store incoming energy from other objects.
In special relativity, an observer is a frame of reference from which a set of
objects or events are being measured.  Speaking of an observer is not
specifically hypothesizing an individual person who is experiencing events, but
rather it is a particular mathematical context which objects and events are to
be evaluated from. The effects of special relativity occur whether or not there
is a "material object that can recieve and store incoming energy from other
objects" within the inertial reference frame to witness them.
Furthermore, take a photon (traveling at speed light) that crosses a cosmic
zone close to the sun.  The photon "detects" (and therefore can interact with)
a huge sun surface (because of its high speed), while we humans on the Earth
"detect" (and can interact with) a much smaller sun surface. Therefore, the
photon may exchange more information with the sun than the humans on the Earth:
both the photon and the humans interact with the same sun, but they "detect"
different surfaces, and therefore they may exchange with the sun a different
information content.  If we also take into account that the photon detects an
almost infinite, fixed time, this means once again that it can exchange much
more information with the sun than we humans can.
In sum, once again, information does not seem to be a physical quantity, rather
just a very subjective measure, depending on the speed and of the time of the
"observer".

Arturo TozziAA Professor Physics, University North TexasPediatrician ASL
Na2Nord, ItalyComput Intell Lab, University
Manitobahttp://arturotozzi.webnode.it/