-------- Mensaje reenviado --------

Asunto:         THANK YOU FOR IS4SI GÖTEBORG & POST-SUMMIT MATTERS
Fecha:  Mon, 19 Jun 2017 09:11:51 +0200
De:     i...@sciforum.net
Responder a:    do...@chalmers.se
Para:   gordana.dodig-crnko...@chalmers.se

DIGITALISATION FOR A SUSTAINABLE SOCIETY

Dear Colleagues!

One week of IS4SI Gothenburg is over and soon all of you will be back home. What remains from our summit are memories of great moments, and experiences, meetings with people, sharing knowledge, friendly, open-minded and inclusive atmosphere, five intense days in beautiful Gothenburg in truly transdisciplinary setting. We enjoyed very much the presentations and discussions, excellent plenaries with panels and keynotes, lunch breaks with lively debates when all the congress center was vibrating of engaged and friendly voices. Excursion to the beautiful Elfsborg fortress with enchanting nature and joyful boat tour, the banquet with the inspirational talk of Bo Dahlbom, and artistic moments - concrete poetry of Hans-Jörg Kreowski, AI choreography of Louise Crnkovic-Friis and incredibly beautiful algorithmic music performance by Palle Dahlstedt – made an impression that will surely last.

The whole complex organisation (with the program of 70 pages) worked flawless and technical support was always there, efficient and helpful when we needed it. Student volunteers’ help was invaluable. MeeteX took care of registration that wen quickly and smoothly.

Thank you all for your excellent contributions, for self-organizing into such a great event!

What remains now is practical questions connected to the financial issues like reimbursements, certificates etc.

Please contact MeetX for that, who will help you,

e-mail: is4si-2017is4si-2...@meetx.se <mailto:is4si-2...@meetx.se>

In the coming weeks I will collect photographs from the conference.

At the moment I already have several hundreds but if you have something special that you want to share, send it to me.

Already on the web page you will find two group photos.

http://is4si-2017.org/news/

The next step regards publication activities, that are important for the impact of our work. There are a lot of possibilities to publish in front of us – we will come back to you in that regard.
http://is4si-2017.org/publications/

The first one is Proceedings journal, for which we will come back to you.

The last day of the conference, on Friday we have elected Terrence Deacon for our new President and Marcin Schroeder for President Elect. By that my function becomes Immediate Past President. My role will be to support Terry in matters of web information about the Society and the Board and its activities.

The next summit will be organized by Terry Deacon in the US, on Berkeley, Stanford of Santa Clara – soon we will know more.

Thank you again and bye for now,

Gordana

Sciforum.net is a platform published and maintained by MDPI AG.
For technical support, e-mail i...@sciforum.net