Dear FIsers, I am a newcomer. In reading Pedro Marijuan's latest post the
phrase "Know Thyself" came to mind. It is a powerful and multifaceted
aphorism that strikes at the core of what we all strive for, yet it always
seems unattainable because of the myriad dualities and paradoxes we face.
In a recent publication, entitled "The Resolution of Ambiguity as the Basis
for Life: A Cellular Bridge between Western Reductionism and Eastern Holism".
The premise of the paper is that we originated in a dualism of internal
versus external energy states, which is the essence of how and why we have
evolved. It is vital that we recognize this duality in order to achieve the
kinds of goals being expressed on this site, in my opinion, because the way
we have coped with this internal inconsistency up until now is through
deception. If you would like these papers email me at jtor...@ucla.edu. I
hope this idea finds resonance among you because it is one of those
opportunities that only comes along rarely, like 'the world is round' and
Heliocentrism. Think of it as the obverse of the mind-body duality!  If you
can get beyond the hubris, perhaps we can move forward together as
like-minded individuals.