Thanks Loet, for a very clear and concise exposition of an approach that I agree with.

I'm curious about your use of the word 'dualistic'. Dualism usually suggests that there are two aspects to a single phenomenon. As I interpret your post, you are saying that information and meaning are separate concepts. Otherwise, we are led to inquire into the nature of the unity of which they are both aspects, which gets us back where we started.

So I interpret 'dualistic' here to mean 'two concepts that are intertwined in the emergence of events'. Is this parallel to, for example, atomic structure and fluid dynamics (perhaps there are better examples)? If so, does that imply a hierarchy (i.e. you can have information without meaning, but not meaning without information)? This makes sense to me, though it is not what I usually associate with the word 'dualistic'.

Dai