Hi Emanuel, Pedro & Fishers,

Emanuel is rasing an important point.  It is clear that the duality of genetic
and epigenetic informations is fundamental.  But I think the triadicity of
genotype, phenotype, and sociotype is as important and fundametnal, if we
interpret the triadicity to mean that three cannot be reduced to two or one
just as the duality means that two cannot be reduced to one.  The two
relations, the fomer irreducibly dyadic and the latter irreducibly tiradic, may
not be mutually exclusive or contradictory (as they may appear on the surface)
but reflect different aspects of the information of livign systems -- one
aspect is irreducibly dyadic and the other is irreducibly triadic, depending on
how the phenomonon of life is viewed.   We may represent this idea
diagrammatically as infigure 1 below, which is an elaboration and extension of
the ITR (Irreducible Triadic Relation) diagram that I used in my previous post:

                    __________________________________

                   |                                    _______________    |

                   | k                               |             i
      |   |            Epigenetic Information flows

                   |                                  |
       |   |                                    ||

                   V              f                  V                 g
    |   |                               i, j, & k

           Genotype  -------->  Phenotype  ---------> Sociotype

                  |  ^                              |
        ^

Information flows

                                            f, g, & h

Figure 1.  The duality of the genetic and epigenetic information flows in the
genotype-phenotype-sociotype triad underlying living systems.

Let me know if you have any questions or suggestions.

Sung