Dear Mark, Dear FISers

Mark's term "logic of recursive transductions" cuts to the heart of the
current debate. If one objects that this is 'just' physics or biology, my
answer is that it is both logic and physics and biology, and that many
problems have come simply from our separation of them, and characterizing
them without including their dynamics as processes.

Energy is involved when I "go back over something", as I have with John
Torday's stimulating approach, in order to see what is in it that I must
take into account (and vice versa I hope).

At this point, I feel I need a 'refresher' on Loet Leydesdorff's important
distinction, with reference to information, between recursion and incursion.
Loet?

When one thinks outside the box, as Bob U. will have us do, the air may seem
a little thin, for a while. However, one can soon get acclimatized, with
some good will.

Cheers,

Joseph