On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 2:10 PM, Maxim Gonchar <gma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Mar 2012 17:42:09 +0400, SanskritFritz
> <sanskritfr...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I would like to recap some of what we talked here long time ago.
>> I wrote several completion scripts, and am still writing new ones.
>> Also I can see several branches and clones scattered around on
>> gitorius which contain useful and well written completions, especially
>> this one:
>> https://gitorious.org/~maxfl/fish-shell/maxfl-fish-shell
>> I would like to see a new minor version of fish issued with all the
>> fixes in the master branch, and all the new completions we can find.
>> My question is, are completions now collected by someone somewhere? I
>> am willing to help with this, collecting, testing and proofreading
>> completions scripts. I think they are a huge selling point for fish.
>> Current completions also show their age, pacman.fish for example is
>> way deprecated.

> As far as I can see nobody does it.
> And it would be really good if someone could take it under the control.

Agreed.
Well, your repo seems to have the best completion collection I have
found so far. Also I like the approach you took by moving many
completions into a __fish_complete_* function, so that command aliases
can be used easily.
Lets unite our efforts on your repo. I'll send merge requests whenever
I updated any completions. Then you can send a merge request to the
main repo. Does your repo contain any other changes to fish besides
completions? It would be best to have a branch that contains only
completion changes.
If you don't want/have time to maintain the repo, I am willing to
clone (I already did) and do this work on it myself.
The goal would be to have a strong completions script base for easy
merging into mainstream.