Thanks Greg, always nice to hear from a happy user! :)

“Intended mostly for interactive use” means that most of fish’s distinguishing
features are in its interactive mode. fish’s scripting support is mainly
intended to support interactive use, e.g. programmatic completions.  While fish
does have a full-featured scripting mode, general purpose scripting is better
served by dedicated languages such as Perl, Python, etc.

_fish