Hi Maxim,

This is a string ‘ ~ ‘ with a background color, followed by a special Unicode
character:

function fish_prompt
    set_color black --background blue
    echo -n " $PWD "
    set_color blue --background normal
    echo -n \U2B80
end

However that character is not a normal Unicode glyph, and so requires a special
patched font https://gist.github.com/qrush/1595572

Hope that helps,
_fish