There’s no explicit way to configure which history items fish keeps.

You can purge your history of ssh like so:

    history —delete —prefix ssh

Also like other shells, fish history ignores commands with a leading space, so
if you make sure to always type a space before ssh, it won’t record it.

If you prefer, you can tell fish to insert the space automatically with an
abbreviation (a feature not yet documented, because it’s not yet complete, but
still useful):

   set -U fish_user_abbreviations ‘ssh= ssh’

Now ssh will always get the leading space.

Hope that helps,
_fish