This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Jean,
I haven't received a property assessment on my
property yet. However, valued at  approximately
$116,500 my taxes should be in the neighborhood of
$780 according to the tax rate the assessor's office
provided to me.

Las Cruces has been discovered as a retirement town. A
lot of people from California and Arizona are moving
here because it is cheaper to live here. However,
property values are rising quickly due to the influx
of people. The house building industry here is
booming. I figure that had I waited another couple of
years (as I had really planned to do), I would have
had to pay a lot more. Being forced to go ahead and
build now (due to a total lack of reasonable horse
property) was really a lucky break for me, especially
with the great interest rates right now.

=====
Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(messages received on Saturday or Sunday
can not be responded to until Monday)
http://photos.yahoo.com/