This message is from: Cynthia Madden <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

With the loss of my Morgan, Keyah, in October, I
decided to check into getting a weanling as company
for Tank and a baby I can bring along now that I have
my own property and no longer have to board my horses.

I do caution about buying a weanling unless you are an
experienced horseperson already or as smart as Julie
to put her weanling with an experienced horseperson to
help her and her weanling get the right start. It is a
great success story. I believe that a cute little baby
in the hands of inexperienced or unprepared people is
a horror story in the making. I believe Carol and
Janne, and most Fjord breeders, are careful enough of
who buys their horses not to let this happen but many
people would do better to put the money out for a
trained horse and work with a trainer to have a good
experience and happy safe future with their Fjords or
any horse.

Aren't many of the bad stories we hear about Fjords
those poor beasties who have had the misfortune to be
owned by people who do not know enough or care enough
to learn about handling horses and spoil their horses
making them rude, unmanageable and even dangerous?

I know of horses, no Fjords, who have had to be put
down because they were owned by ignorant people who
handled or did not handle their animal and it because
too dangerous for even experienced people to deal
with. This a terrible tragedy.

On the upbeast side, I am planning to buy a weanling
from Beth & Sandy of Starfire Farm in late winter when
he is ready for a new owner. Like Carol suggested,
buying a weanling from a reputable breeder is good way
to go. It is more affordable for me and since I have
Tank, I can take my time and work with the new horse
and we can grow together.

=====
Cynthia Madden
Las Cruces, NM
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
(messages received on Saturday or Sunday
can not be responded to until Monday)
http://photos.yahoo.com/