This message is from: Steve McIlree <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

 Several folks have written recently asking for directions on using
 the list archives. For those of you who didn't write down the user
 name and password, and those of you new to the list I will repost the
 Archive instructions.

 The entire history of the list is now available to you on the Web in
 a searchable format. Go to http://www.listquest.com. Read the HELP
 there to get an idea how the search engine works. Then select "Home &
 Garden", then "Pets & Animals", then "FjordHorse". At this point you
 will be presented with a security dialog box. The username is
 "fjordhorse" and the password is "fjords_rule". Please note that the
 username is all lower case, as is the password, and the password
 contains an underscore between words. I SUGGEST YOU WRITE THESE DOWN.
 I had Listquest implement the password because I don't want people
 wandering in off the Web and getting our email addresses.

 One of the reasons I chose Listquest to archive our list is their
 concern with address harvesting. They have developed spam counter-
 measures. All email addresses, whether in the header or the body of
 the message are converted to in-line GIFs. These are easily read by
 human eyes but are not readable by programs trolling for email
 addresses for use in mass mailing programs. The process to encode the
 GIFs is encrypted and changes on a regular basis to make it difficult
 to reverse engineer.

 I hope this will make the list an even more valuable resource for
 owners and lovers of the Norwegian Fjord horse, all over the world.
 Check it out and let me know how you like it.

--
Steve McIlree -- Pferd & Skipper -- Omaha, Nebraska, USA
  He that would venture nothing must not get on horseback. --Spanish proverb