This message is from: Mary Thurman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

--- misha nogha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> This message is from: misha nogha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

. I am sure there are
> plenty of lines with it, seen a lot in Carol Riv
> lines and also in the
> lines like Sambar and Misha (same ones). It looks
> cool though eh?

Our gelding, Sindar, is sired by Misha and he has that
long, fluid walk.  He started doing it when quite
young, and actually prefers to just walk 'bigger and
faster' instead of trotting.  This is fine with me, as
his trot is a bit jarring - needs work on extension, I
believe.  Occasionally someone(usually mounted on a QH
or some such) will look at him while he is walking and
say "what IS he doing?"  They are so used to the
'accepted hobble' that passes for a walk in Western
Pleasure classes that I guess they've forgotten what a
horse's walk really looks like.  Sindar can really
cover ground on the beach, but I do insist that he
slow down when going downhill in the mountains.  If he
trips at a fast walk he is too far 'out in front of
himself' to catch himself before he goes down on his
knees.  Not good!  This "long walk" is completely
natural to him - he uses it in the pasture and in his
pen when he's in a hurry also.

Mary

=====
Mary Thurman