This message is from: Starfire Farm <starfiref...@usa.net>

Yes, it is Obie. I think it was the first session with horses. It was the only time I was
able to make a successful Doma Vaquera knot in his tail. The rest of the time it would
just fall out because I was unable to twist it tight enough. Someday I would like to
perform an "in hand" program, in the long lines, like they do at the Spanish
Riding School or at the Cadre Noire.

Working with Manuel is great. Though he mainly works with Iberian breeds, he is
not prejudiced againt different breeds of horses. Especially if they are
hard-working horses. Through his focus on very classical methods, Manuel has
helped Obie and I through a tough spot in developing the piaffe both in hand
and under saddle.

Obie is fun to work with in the long lines. In addition to Piaffe and Passage, he is
performing Spanish Walk, bowing (he has actually done this under saddle a few times now),
performing "the rear" (not a classical levade out of Piaffe yet). The collected
work has been great in helping to develop his strength. Because of it, his collected
canter has improved greatly. He can perform several strides of a pirouette canter and is
starting to be able to perform quarter pirouettes. Also, because of his improved
strength, his medium trot has become more balanced. As they say it should be, you can
really feel the collection in the extension (almost)and feel the extension in the
collection (for sure!) I have been having a blast with him! What a horse.

Thanks for asking.

Beth

Steve Sessoms wrote:

This message is from: "Steve Sessoms" <ssess...@charter.net>

Who is the lovely Fjordie in the Carol Walker photos from the Piaffe and Passage
with Manuel Trigo in Franktown CO in 2008?  Is it Obie?  Hope the link works.

http://www.livingimagescjw.com/CLIENTS/08PiaffePassage/08PiaffePassage-1.htm

Meredith Sessoms
Moulton AL

Starfire Farm