This message is from: Kathleen Prince <kathl...@pookiebros.com>

Hi List!
I've really enjoyed all the words of wisdom regarding growing old w/
our fjords. I'm on the opposite end of that spectrum and my coming 4
year old (May 17th) is leaving next weekend to go to my trainer's
farm. We're all very excited about it and I've allowed her the time
to grow and mature, as was suggested by everyone. She has a good mind
and I know she's going to excel, especially w/Gary. I do have a few
worries, though. She's not been away from her mother (my 12 year old
mare, Cass) except for a couple months to wean. She did have 2 QH
geldings in our small herd for a year but they've been gone now for a
while. She's not been in a trailer w/out her mother. The plan right
now is for me to stay behind w/momma to make sure she doesn't stress
too much seeing baby go. Baby Becca will have a lot to deal w/once at
Gary's but I trust him completely. I did make him read the Fjordhorse
Handbook :-)

My question - do any of you have single fjords and do they do ok?
Cass is very happy and comfortable where I lease a small barn on 6
acres. I have the option to move the nice gelding back w/her if
needed. Cass is very much an introvert and independent. What are your
thoughts on this new journey for my girls?

--
Kathleen Prince
kathl...@pookiebros.com

Pookie Bros. Pet Sitting