This message is from: "Beth & Sandy - Starfire Farm" <starfiref...@usa.net>

 Hello Caroline,
Point your driving trainer to the videos on YouTube. All she has to do is
search Rose Parade Fjords and the videos will come up.
All of these horses were well prepared, had confident riders and drivers
and quite a bit of experience being exposed to different events and
venues.
There are some fjords here I would never have considered for this event,
but only a few. As for "testing" trainers, etc. Fjords are incredibly
intelligent and, though outwardly stoic, are very sensitive to their
handlers' intentions. That, combined with their very strong sense of
self-preservation, makes it challenging for some trainers who are used to
working with other breeds to understand them.
Beth

This message is from: Caroline Warren <caroline.war...@att.net>

I would love to buy some photos of the fjords in the parade to show my
driving trainer, as she is incredulous that fjords could be that calm
and well-behaved. My mare is OK but she's had others that, let's say,
pushed her buttons. Everyone looked lovely and I'm very impressed.

Caroline Warren