This message is from: Alice MacGillivray <al...@4km.net>

I have done a very minimal clip this year and if she gets sweaty when it is
cool or cold, I put a cooler on her for a while to keep her from getting
chilled and to wick away some of the sweat. I don't think we can post pictures
here? If you can access Facebook, my most recent post at the moment
https://www.facebook.com/alice.macgillivray shows the clip. If you can't see
that, it isn't even a low trace clip. I clipped under her chin, down her
chest, just back of the girth line. Then from her cheekbones (didn't touch the
head) on an angle down to meet the clipping under her chest. Last year I did a
low trace clip that extended all along the lower part of her body above the
legs, which was OK here where we have relatively mild winters. Here are images
of low trace and more extensive clips on the web:
https://www.google.ca/search?q=trace+clips+horses&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&e
i=uvH1VIHaD46xogSfyYHYDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ

Hope that helps.

Alice MacGillivray