On Jul 26, 2007, at 1:24 PM, Harry Sack wrote:
But how is it possible then the FLAC encoder allows files which have a bad resulting MD5 to be encoded? Is it because of the bad ram, ... this incorrect MD5 is not detected during encoding?

In your original email you mentioned that you had downloaded the FLAC file with these errors; you don't know that the reference encoder was used. I mention this because I have encountered such errors with third-party encoders. For example, at least one release of Max wrote incorrect checksums. (See <http://sbooth.org/tracker/view.php?id=222> for details.)

Cheers,

 - Andrew