I guess I'm saying that any audio fading up or down should probably not be
done linearly ever - while mathematically accurate, to the human ear it
doesn't sound right. You'll notice no change and then zoooom... a really
quick fade down... when what you wanted was something "even" if you know
what I mean.

e.dolecki