I know this is OT so I'm marking it so, but I DO want to offer the advice to
anyone interested

You may want to buy the boxed version.

I only mention it because with MM and their site I got into the habit of
purchasing the download version  and later on, checking the "also send a cd"
checkbox for reinstalls. But the Adobe site,

a) doesn't have this option, which you don't find out until the end of the
process because the MM option was at the end of the process.

b) the cs3 web premium version is 2+gigabytes and is 1 monolithic rather
than seperate downloads - so download errors are still possible even in
todays broadband world and backup will require dvdr rather than cdr

c) I can't remember c, but think there may have been one.

I would also like to add, as long as I'm already spamming folk with OT that
1) The price for CS3 for studio 8 owners is way more reasonable than I
expected and has engendered some good emotions on my part towards adobe,
(especially since Corel has completed it's ruination of both Painter and
PSP)
2) I'm  amazed how similar photoshop cs3 seems to whatever version I had
last which was, like, 1997.
3) Fireworks CS3 Is really nice. Glad they kept it and did something with
it.
4) We really need to create some open source liquid layout components for
Flash 9.

Do well,

Sorry for the OT

Out.