@David:

You can render HTML5 in openGL with Haxe/OpenFL. OpenGL is default on all
teh native targets, the html5 target is still not 100% there, but there's a
new backend for it which has improved things massively. Bitmap animation is
no problem, either using OpenFL or the createJS extensions if you just want
to ttarget JS.

You can compile your Haxe code to AS3, not just to a swf if you want.
Coming from AS3 their are tools to convert your AS3 to Haxe, in general
these are good, but don't expect to port a massive codebase over withtou
getting your hands dirty.

Yes you can compile to PHP for your server side work, or nodeJS, Neko, C++,
C#, Java and there's a Python target too now :)

This is my favourite thing abotu Haxe, writing for server and client in the
same language. You can communicate via remoting, sockets, whatever, and you
use the EXACT SAME classes at either end. Not 2 diff represetations, or a
3rd protocol just to communicate. You can also easily move logic from
client to server and back depending on where it fits best etc. It's awesome
:)

@Cedric:

Nice to see you on board the Haxe train! Not seen you in the mailing list?