Hello,

A quick answer first:
We are closer to the release, and the state of the master is better
than a half year ago.

More details.
In general, the progress is visible here https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/353

There is one issue that came up around May
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/390 . This one is new. It does not
prevent from using any functionality, and also if the user does not
specify `--progress` they won’t even notice.

On the other hand, several issues have been fixed. Dummyflasher is
fixed, i2c programmers got allow_brick param and were improved.

Manpages are added to all programmers that were missing them (I think,
to all programmers, hopefully I am not forgetting anything).

Lots of code improvements: for example we have way less global state
than it used to be 1/2yr ago, and we have more unit tests of all
types.

Meson build file got a great upgrade. For this change I can mention:
it was merged into chromium flashrom ~2weeks ago and no issues
observed so far. Also there is now Documentation/ for how to build
with meson.

Surely there were more improvements. I am just listing what is on the
top of my mind.

If you ask me to pick what’s very important to fix I would say
https://ticket.coreboot.org/issues/370 I remember several patches on
that, from different people. Potentially, the bug is [technically]
fixed, but we need to coordinate who is rebasing on the top of whom,
and complete the review.

--
Anastasia.