On 1/11/12 10:59 AM, "Raju Bitter" <rajubit...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Right, we only need to know when we should cheat. :-)
Here's a real life example.  In a prototype of carving UIComponent into many
little pieces, it suffered from overhead of calling between the styles and
layout pieces.  It might be in some future, we would carve UIComponent up,
but leave styles and layout baked in.

The styles piece mainly called StyleManager which is where most substitution
would happen.

Any attempt to regulate how we write our code to say "everything must be
replaceable" or "there must always be separation of concerns" or "no file
should be more than XXX lines" would mean that everyone would have to suffer
from such a performance hit.

Me, I would cheat there.

--
Alex Harui