I don't think I would want to dispatch two events or even think about
dispatch two events.

In fact, we may not even want to dispatch events at all in this case and
have a customized notification mechanism that is way more lightweight.

And, even more blue sky, if the data model is substitutable, then you can
further optimize by swapping in a model that only dispatches the
notifications you know you need.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team