On 1/18/12 10:08 AM, "Nicholas Kwiatkowski" <nicho...@spoon.as> wrote:

> I would expect Adobe to make any patches, security or otherwise, to the
> Apache codebase and release based on that.
That probably won't happen.  Adobe has to have a "fork" so it can control
the source it is working with, and the folks who will make changes to that
source are not committers to the Apache Flex project at this time.  We will
integrate patches to the Adobe fork into Apache where relevant.  I hope that
two years out we'll have made so many changes the old code so far behind
that changes may not integrate cleanlyl.

In a perfect world, there will never be a reason for Adobe to cut another
release of Flex.  But if there is another release, it is more likely to be a
4.6.1 instead of a 4.7.

I was going to propose going with years "Apache Flex 2012.0" but now I think
FlashBuilder may be doing that which could cause confusion.  I will try to
find out for sure.  I don't think we can go back to 1.0 because of the
version checking scheme already in there.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team