On 1/19/12 12:02 PM, "Martin Heidegger" <m...@leichtgewicht.at> wrote:

> On 20/01/2012 04:32, Alex Harui wrote:
>

> The injection of data that is fixed from the time of compilation (not
> before) is a reasonable thing to be added to a compiler. Why? Because it
> bloats code a lot more if it has to be by hand (seeing all the log =
> Log.getLogger() statements). In general I think AS3 can become a
> thinner, faster and easier to use language with this construct, as any
> workaround to the problematic of compilation data results in a lot of code.
I'm still looking for the use case.  Do you just want release player
performance profiling?

I would think these kinds of compiler features would run into the "library
problem".  Right now, for compilation speed, the framework is compiled into
a SWC.  Would you have this extra code in the SWC or not?  If not, then do
you ship two versions of the SWC?  And then, when someone wants to do
another compiler feature, do you add more libraries for each combination?

If you start packing all of this stuff into one library, the default SWC is
fat and slow.  You can ask a post-link optimizer to clean out what you don't
want, but that also slows down compilation time.

--
Alex Harui
Flex SDK Team