Just downloaded and executed on a mac, same error here.
I made a fix on my working copy (hoping it didn't break anything):
on FlexFrameworkGenerator.java at line 178 there's
"writeDummyResourceBundleSwc(dummyRbFile);"
just replace it with
"if(dummyRbFile.exists())
writeDummyResourceBundleSwc(dummyRbFile);"
then
run mvn package again.

ciao
pg