Here is a publicly available Flex application that queries a database,
populates a drop down and processes data input from the Flex UI.  Its
a simple app, but some knowledge of the PureMVC is required to build
on the project.  That said, the basics you need (minus the thank-you
page you desire, though there is a responder following data
submission) are there and I think clear enough for understanding.

http://trac.puremvc.org/Demo_AS3_Flex_CF_QueryCFC

Simon

newtriks.com