Is there any way within an AS file to find out the current context root?

I have discovered that if I use the <mx:String> element, that the MXML
translator will correctly replace @ContextRoot() with the current
context root, which is fine, but I am wondering if there is a less
hacky way to obtain this information from just ActionScript?

[this is all in building a file upload/download pair of components
that have to do getURLs to talk to JSP pages and servlets, and thus
need to know the context root to correctly sent out the URLs]