I'm creating a class which extends FLVPlayback directly, without using
UIMovieClip, and implements IMXMLObject so it can be instantiated in MXML. The
fl.* package where the class resides is listed as an external source, and the
Flex code assist finds the package just fine.

Problem is, when I try to compile, I get an error "1017: The definition of base
class FLVPlayback was not found." on the line 6 in FLVpb.as where the class is
declared. (see below)

I am completely puzzled. I've used external classes before, but I am unsure why
I am getting an error this time. Anyone have any ideas?

(I know there's a bunch of other stuff I need to include in FLVpb to make sure
FLVPlayback plays well with Flex, this is just an initial prototype)

Here's my code:
[source path] FLVPlayback-fl:
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CS3\en\Configuration\Component
Source\ActionScript 3.0\FLVPlayback\fl

(Note: I could include all four places where the fl.* code resides in the Flash
CS3 installation, but it doesn't seem to make a difference to this error.)

com.communitymx.flashflex.FLVpb:

package com.communitymx.flashflex
{
        import fl.video.FLVPlayback;
        import mx.core.IMXMLObject;
        import flash.display.MovieClip;

        public class FLVpb extends FLVPlayback implements IMXMLObject
        {
                public function FLVpb()
                {
                        //TODO: implement function
                        super();
                }

                public function initialized(document:Object, id:String):void
                {
                        document.rawChildren.addChild(this);

Main.mxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>