Hey guys, here's a question.

I have a Panel, and on this Panel there is a Button.  Initially, the Panel is not exposed(save for the Button). When the user clicks the button, I want to dispatch the Panel's Resize effect.  Currently, its hacked, so the panel has a , and yea that works, but it's not the right way to do it(everytime after that, when thePanel is open, when user selects something on the grid, it resizes again lol).  I've been googling for hours, and it shows how to do Custom events, but i want to dispatch that built in event.

Thanks

Nick Sauro + R O U N D A R C H + bus 212.909.2335 + mob 914.882.3687

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of dimkapimkakolbasa
Sent: Monday, July 18, 2005 1:27 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] How to catch events of a child component by the parent component?

I've got a custom component Widget which makes a child "image" in it's
createChildren() method like that:

function createChildren (): Void {
      super.createChildren ();
      this.image = this.createClassObject (
            mx.controls.Image,
            "abc",
            0,
            {source: "rose.jpg"}
      );
}

I want to call a rotateImage function when image is clicked.
Is using a Delegate the only way to make it? I made it by adding such
code to  createChildren():

var rotateDelegate: Object = Delegate.create (this,rotateImage);
image.addEventListener ("mouseDown", this.rotateDelegate);

Can I make it without a Delegat?