Let's add a FlashComm license on top of that ;)

Philippe Maegerman

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Valy Sivec
Sent: mardi 19 juillet 2005 16:51
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [flexcoders] Re: If I buy a flex license can I host other peoples apps on the license?

It's kinda childish to think that for a billion dollar company  60k-120k in Flex's fees is still a bargain... Don't know why some people ignore the fact that Flex is just only a component ( presentation layer )  and in addition to Flex you have to invest in J2EE or .NET infrastructure.

Imagine having Websphere/.NET, Oracle/Db2/SQLServer and on top of this Flex. How much it would cost a company for all of this?  Also, let's not forget about the training costs, consultants you need to have in case you have a large project and run into trouble....

So, don't get me wrong... I like Flex and I think is a good product, but the licence's fees are too high in my opinion. In addition to a high price, the product is still in early stages, performance wise are still things to improve....

Valy

Rick Bullotta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

You would have a hard time convincing me that, if there are application development benefits and “sunk costs” in development, that (after discounts) $60-125K is an issue…