Hi, Tracy.

Thanks for your response.
It's good to hear that others use this solution.  Makes me feel like
it's not just a stop-gap hack.
However, what made me uncomfortable is the idea in OOP that classes
should be open to extension, closed to modification.  It's generally a "code
smell" if one keeps having to literally add code to an existing
class in order to add functionality.  Especially when the added
functionality bears such a strong resemblance to existing behaviors.
What do you think?
I really like your idea of adding properties to AsyncToken.  Is
AsyncToken a dynamic class?  Is that how you do it?
Thanks again.

LT

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Tracy Spratt" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is a normal pattern.  What about it makes you uncomfortable?
You
> are using a single result handler function, correct?  The switch()
> statement makes chaining calls easy and facilitates debugging since
> single breakpoint or trace() will track all RPC calls.  I have found
> that two string properties ("callId", and "nextAction" ) on the
> AsyncToken work for all my needs so far
>

> An alternative would be to put a callback function in an  AsyncToken
> property or use the  addResponder() methods.  I personally find
those
> solutions "messy".
>

> Tracy

On