you should look into data binding.

Nick Sauro + R O U N D A R C H + bus 212.909.2335 + mob 914.882.3687

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Kim Reddington
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 11:33 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] TitleWindow passing vars back to another TitleWindow

I have created a TitleWindow that opens another TitleWindow.  The 2nd window contains a form.  I would like the data entered in the form to be passed back to the 1st titlewindow.

If I make the first TitleWindow be an application, then I can use
parentDocument.name.text = name.text

to pass the name back to the original screen, but if I try to use this same line of code to pass the data from the 2nd TitleWindow to a 1st TitleWindow, then the text control shows up blank.

Does this make sense?  Is it possible to pass data back to an open TitleWindow?

Thanks,
Kim

Kim Reddington
Principal Consultant/Developer