From: "jwc_wensan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <flexcoders@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2005 4:07 PM
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Longhorn Impact

Jester:

I didn't mean how Flex could run on or with Longhorn, but rather
from the development side with .NET and other development platforms
that work with Longhorn/Avalon.

And don't have the same high server cost.

By pricing, I meant do you think with the release of Longhorn that
MM might lower their license price.

Thanks,

Jack

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "JesterXL" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Straigh bangin' thread!!!
>
> XAML is an XML definition that is very low level and no one in
their right
> mind will hand code.  Therefore, there will be good editors to
write that
> for you.  Catch that?  An editor to write XMAL for you.
>
> XML is... what?  XML.
>
> MXML is... what?  XML.
>
> Compiling Flex apps to run in Avalon instead of SWF is awesome...
but, I'd
> put my dough (whatever I can scrounge away from the IRS) on
Macromedia's
> ability to capitalize on Longhorns features, thus, I'd rather have
Flex
> output the XAML that is a SWF hybrid; meaning, something like
Central that