I'm trying to figure out how to compile an AIR app with the Flex 3.2 SDK
(stable
build 3.2.0.3794), deployed with Flash Player 10 capability.

Using the example below, you'd think it would work.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:WindowedApplication xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";
layout="absolute" creationComplete="initApp()">
        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import flash.system.Capabilities;
                        import flash.display.ColorCorrectionSupport;

                        private function initApp():void {
                    version.text = "Flash Player version: " +
Capabilities.version;
                    stat.text = "Color Correction Support =
"+this.stage.colorCorrectionSupport;

                        }
                ]]>
        </mx:Script>
        <mx:Label id="version" width="250" />
        <mx:Label id="stat" width="250" />

</mx:WindowedApplication>

The compiler recognizes the FP10 classes, as does the code assist, but when I
run it I get a null exception error on stage.colorCorrectionSupport -- which
tells me that the FP10 classes are not actually being compiled into the SWF.

When I add "-target-player=10" to the compiler settings, I get an error
"configuration variable 'target-player' must only be set once", which tells me
that this is already being set somewhere.

So why won't my AIR app compile for Flash 10 classes? I crack open the
aiglobal.swc file, examine the catalog.xml file, and it indicates

<swc xmlns="http://www.adobe.com/flash/swccatalog/9";>
<flex version="4.0.0" build="0" />

So I backed up the old airglobal.swc file, and created a new one with the "9"
in
the <swc> tag changed to a "10". But that didn't seem to change anything.

Thing is, the catalog.xml file indicates that the Flash 10 classes are indeed
in
the airglobal.swc file.

So does this mean that AIR 1.5 is being compiled to Flash 9? Do I need to
change
the Flex BUilder config settings to change this?

And why on earth is AIR 1.5 included in the latest stable build (3.2.0.3794) of
the Flex 3 SDK, and touted as being Flash 10-enabled, when it seems like you
need Flex 4 to take advantage of these capabilities? Maybe I'm just reading
this
wrong, because that just makes no sense whatsoever. If it's true, when are we
going to be able to compile to Flash 10 in AIR? When Flex 4 finally comes out?

Has anyone figured out how to create an AIR app with the Flex 3.2 SDK, for FP10?

Thanks.

Joseph Balderson, Flex & Flash Platform Developer | joeflash.ca
Author, Professional Flex 3 | http://tinyurl.com/5qbqlk