Hey guys, thanks matt for helping me w/ that packaging problem, it worked.  As it turned out, it didn’t’ like the xmlns=”*”.

Where is the archive of this group?  I need to look up an answer to a question someone previously posted about setting column width’s in  data grid, and I don’t want to re ask it(unless someone knows the answer off the top of their head J ) .

Anyways, if someone can post that link here, it would be much appreciated.  Thanks a lot everyone.  I think it was email.com/flexcoders or something like that.

Thanks

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jaime Bermudez
Sent: Monday, August 01, 2005 11:58 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [flexcoders] namespace/directory structure issue

Still waiting for ideas on an approach, but I thought I'd set up the
problem a little better:

Here's the developer directory structure for my project:

>main
   app.mxml
   >as
       app.as
       appTest.as
   >assets (images, etc.)
   >components
   >test
       >test1
           test1.mxml
           >as
               Components.as
       >test2
           test2.mxml
           >as
                Components.as

I added the following path-element to the actionscript-classpath in
flex-config.xml:
<path-element>/main</path-element> so I can use the same namespace
declarations in test1.mxml as I use in app.mxml.  I reference
appTest.as in a Script block as <Script source="../../as/appTest.as">.
The appTest.as refers to the Components class, which I import in each
test"X".mxml file.

The problem I'm seeing is that a handful of components have embedded
image files that are referenced in a source or icon parameter as
"assets/image.xxx".  I'm pretty sure that these are all paths relative
to the location of the app file being called, so the references are
only being found for app.mxml.  Is my only and best option to define
some image root variable at the app level that I can prepend to each
image call (thereby forcing me to check-out and change every class
that embeds images)?  Is there a standard approach to this problem?

Thanks.