I will quote from eariler post of Manish Jetani from flexcomponents
mail conference

"If you want your item renderer to affect the height of the row > set
correct measuredHeight in measure() method"

http://www.mail-archive.com/flexcompone...@yahoogroups.com/msg02972.html

  If you are not confident with how to set measuredHeight in your
custom itemRenderer, you can change rowHeight property of you listBase
control (List or Datagrid) to a some greater value that will be good
enough for you than default 21 pixels.

--
Best regards,
Andriy Panas