On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 11:50 PM, bharat_00001 <bharat_00...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the suggestion. I have a bit of confusion. What do you mean by
> "load the next one when while one is playing". ActionScript isn't
> multiothreaded. How can it load the next and play the current at the same
> time. Or did I not follow whatyou said correctly?

You can call load() on one instance (or many instances) while the
first one is playing.

ActionScript is a programming language, and it has no native support
for threads (it has no native support for events either).

The Flash Player is the runtime. It has support for events, obviously,
through the events API.

The player is able to perform a number of asynchronous tasks in the
background while the application continues to function normally.
Typically for such tasks you'll get "progress" and "complete" events.
You don't have to do any multi-threading for such tasks yourself: just
start the task (by calling the load() method on VideoDisplay for
instance) and wait for the events.

Internally the player may be using multiple threads or just a single
thread for these background tasks. It doesn't matter either way. If it
uses a single thread, it'll just loop through these tasks in what can
be called the "event loop" and perform them little by little on each
iteration, at the same time processing user events as well. So you
continue to get your mouse and keyboard events while the data is still
downloading.

Manish