Hi Thomas,

Have a look at this discussion:
http://www.actionscript.org/forums/showthread.php3?t=160802

You can start from listening to event Event.SCROLL as was pointed at
that discussion:
http://livedocs.adobe.com/flex/2/langref/flash/text/TextField.html#event:scroll

May be this "workaround" will already satisfy your needs.

Another possible "workaround" can be found here:
http://ghostwire.com/blog/archives/fixing-textfieldbottomscrollv-and-textfieldmaxscrollv/

--
Best regards,
Andriy Panas

2009/6/22 thomas parquier <mailingli...@web-attitude.fr>:

> Well I will use mx:UITextField if faster... but I have to use custom
> itemrenderer because of complex data to display.
> The scrolling I described occurs only on mousewheel, and there's no
> scrollbar.
> The measures are not wrong and the area for the text can expand, so the
> problem is not measurement : the text scrolls though there is no more text
> to see, thus only one line of text is visible out of the two when scrolling
> down.
>
> thomas
> ---
> http://www.web-attitude.fr/
> msn : thomas.parqu...@web-attitude.fr
> softphone : sip:webattit...@ekiga.net
> téléphone portable : +33601 822 056
>

> 2009/6/22 Alex Harui <aha...@adobe.com>
>>

>> The default renderer can have multiple lines of text and is smaller and
>> faster than one that uses mx:Text.  If you look at the code
>> (mx.controls.listClasses.ListItemRenderer) you’ll see that it uses the
>> explicitWIdth to set the width of the text widget before measuring.   That
>> is required since the text height generally depends on how wide it is.
>>

>> Alex Harui
>>
>> Flex SDK Developer
>>
>> Adobe Systems Inc.
>>
>> Blog: http://blogs.adobe.com/aharui