From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcod...@yahoogroups.com] On
Behalf Of Jake Churchill
Sent: Friday, July 17, 2009 9:09 AM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Events and Inheritance

I am still confused about how to make an event come through to an inherited
class.

For example, in Container.as there is a scroll event.  Canvas directly
extends Container.  When I add canvas inside MXML I can handle the scroll
event because it comes through from Container to Canvas.

However, I have an example where I have a base component that dispatches an
event.  When I add an inheriting component to MXML, I can't see the event
being dispatched by the base component.  Or at least I don't get code hints
like the above scroll example.

Can anyone explain this to me?

Thanks!

Jake Churchill