Hello, I'm trying this code, but get the error about bad casting in Test.mxml:

  Implicit coercion of a value of type Class to an unrelated type
mx.core:IFactory.

My Renderer.mxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:HBox xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml";>
        <mx:Text text="{data.label}" fontSize="16" fontWeight="bold"/>
</mx:HBox>

My Test.mxml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<mx:Application xmlns:mx="http://www.adobe.com/2006/mxml"; creationPolicy="all">
        <mx:Style>
                @font-face {
                        src:url("C:\\WINDOWS\\Fonts\\times.ttf");
                        fontFamily: myFont;
                        /* card suits */
                        unicodeRange: U+2660-U+266B;
                }
                Menu {
                        fontFamily: myFont;
                        fontSize: 24;
                }
        </mx:Style>

        <mx:Script>
                <![CDATA[
                        import mx.controls.*;

                        private function createMenu():void {
                                var bids:Array = [{label: "Pass"}];
                                for (var i:uint = 7; i <= 10; i++)
                                        for (var j:uint = 0; j < 4; j++)
                                                // string with 4 card
suits below:
                                                bids.unshift({label:
i+"♠♣♦♥".charAt(j%4)});

                                var menu:Menu = new Menu();
                                menu.dataProvider = bids;
                                // XXX the line below fails:
                                menu.itemRenderer = Renderer;
                                menu.selectedIndex = 0;
                                pub.popUp = menu;
                        }

                ]]>
        </mx:Script>

        <mx:Canvas width="100%" height="100%">
        </mx:Canvas>

        <mx:ApplicationControlBar width="100%">
                <mx:Spacer width="100%"/>
                <mx:PopUpButton id="pub" creationComplete="createMenu();"/>
        </mx:ApplicationControlBar>
</mx:Application>

I've tried adding itemRenderer="Renderer" to the PopUpButton tag,
but it isn't accepted (I guess the renderer belongs to the Menu)

Regards
Alex