Hi there,

I use Nusphere PHPEd and when set up properly it works well, every time. This is using amfphp to make remote procedure calls btw. It can be on a remote server, with the dbg extension installed, or on localhost (I use xampp).

I have found that the only safe way to break into the code is to put a debugbreak() command in, I don't know what happens, but when the command is executed, it seems to try really hard to find the debugger! Works with cli php code too, even if it's run from the command line.

Unfortunately it costs money...

But the final environment, stepping through client side as3 on one screen and server side php on the other is pretty productive and well worth the small outlay.

Regards,
Pete