Can you give an example of how you've written your validator?  I'm suspecting
it is on how you defined the trigger.

Michael J. Regert

From: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com [mailto:flexcoders@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf
Of Khanh
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2011 4:20 PM
To: flexcoders@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [flexcoders] Re: Red error borders on form items before form is
validated

It's a focus border.
Usually, it's blue. I'm not sure how it's red in your case!
You can change the color following this example.
Thanks to Peter Dehaan for his great tip.
http://blog.flexexamples.com/2008/04/12/changing-the-focus-rectangle-color-on-a-textinput-control-in-flex/

OR you can hide this by using the property: focusAlpha
<mx:TextInput id="txtInput" focusAlpha="0"/>

Good luck.

--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com<mailto:flexcoders%40yahoogroups.com>, dorkie
dork from dorktown