I'm trying to get the locale from IE 9.  I've written the following, but it is
not working as expected.  In IE 9, I can add more than one language, so I can
add [de], then [de_DE], then [en_US] (listed in that order).

If I call 'navigator.userLanguage.toString', then IE returns en-us, even though
I know German is listed first and working (Google comes up in German).  I
thought maybe it was because it was trying to return an Array of languages, so
I changed my code to look for an Array or an Object.  Nothing works.

var l10NCodes:Object = null;
var l10nCode:String = null;

/* Try to get the language code from the browser first.  The browser returns
both
the language code and the country code rather than just the language code
alone. */
if (ExternalInterface.available) {
       l10NCodes = ExternalInterface.call('navigator.userLanguage');
       l10nCode = ExternalInterface.call('navigator.userLanguage.toString');
}

Michael J. Regert