This recipe is for Flex 1.5.

There is no way to combine the AS2 code generated in Flash 8 with the
AS3 code used in Flex 2.

The supported interaction for associating a Flash 8 asset with a
component is basically as follows:

1) Build an asset in Flash 8, with no code.
2) Convert it to a symbol.
3) Set its properties such that it is exported with a name, say "foo".
4) Export it in a SWF, say "assets.swf".
5) Create a new actionscript file, perhaps Foo.as:

// Foo.as
package
{
   [Embed(source='assets.swf', symbol='foo')]
   public class Foo extends mx.core.SkinSprite
   {
   }
]
6) Add your new component to the MXML:

<Foo />

There are some other ways to do this, but essentially you'll need to
keep all the code on the Flex 2 side, and only deal with the assets on
the Flash 8 side.  This is a temporary and somewhat awkward period where
versions are a bit out of sync.  Once the next version of Flash
Authoring is out and supporting AS3, you'll be able to mix-n-match more
easily.

-Roger

Roger Gonzalez
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]