Thanks Matt,
For what it might be worth, I have applications where I've used the
NetConnection and RecordSet classes and little else. This has saved me
from worrying about changes in the remoting classes and components in
the past. The easiest Flex adoption path for me is if I can bolt new
standalone based clients on to existing Flash/Coldfusion applications. I
was hoping to port a couple apps to Flex 2 this way.
Yours truly,
-Brian

m_chotin wrote:

>For now it's either the CF adapter or enterprise, we're still figuring
>out the story...
>
>--- In flexcoders@yahoogroups.com, "Ian Welsh" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>>I *think* you will be out of luck with Flex2 as I think they have made
>>changes to remoteobject/AMF which require the new CF adapter (if you use
>>Coldfusion) or Flex Enterprise Services. In essence, with Flex 2, it
>>

>seems
>

>>that remoteobject and the associated speed enhancements of AMF are only
>>available to 'Enterprise' users and/or us CF'ers.
>>
>>Maybe someone from MM can clarify but I think you will have to look at
>>'ordinary' web services if you must use Flex2 without the CF Adapter and
>>CF7.
>>
>>Regards
>>Ian

Brian Lesser
Assistant Director, Teaching and Technology Support
Computing and Communications Services
Ryerson University
350 Victoria St.
Toronto, Ontario                   Phone: (416) 979-5000 ext. 6835
M5B 2K3                            Fax: (416) 979-5220
Office: AB48D                      E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
(Enter through LB66)               Web: http://www.ryerson.ca/~blesser

http://us.click.yahoo.com/A77XvD/vlQLAA/TtwFAA/nhFolB/TM