TileList uses a dataProvider and cellrenderers to do what you're trying to do.

So you're going to have to add a setValue() to your custom component that assigns the dataProvider data to your component properties.

Your TileList will then take the result from your service and set the cellRenderer to your component.

i.e.

<mx:TileList

     dataProvider="{ myService.result }"

     width="100%“ height="100%"

     cellRenderer="MyComponent"

     itemWidth="120" itemHeight="108"/>

Then in your component do this:

<mx:Script>

var compProperty: Object;

function setValue( str:String, item:Object )

{

compProperty =item;

}

</mx:Script>

<mx:Label text="{ compProperty.name}"/>

Rob Rusher

RIA Consultant

Macromedia Certified Flex Instructor

e:[EMAIL PROTECTED] c:303.885.7044 im:robrusher