Hi all,

I USUALLY FIND MYSELF REWRITING THE FOLLOWING STATEMENT

<snip>

[Bindable]
public var selectedItem:ItemVO;

</snip>

TO SOMETHING LIKE THIS

<snip>

private var __selectedItem:ItemVO;
[Bindable("selectedItemChanged")]
public function get selectedItem():ItemVO{
    return __selectedItem;
}
public function set selectedItem( v:ItemVO ):void{
    __selectedItem = v;
    dispatchEvent( new Event("selectedItemChanged") );
}
// I ommited the Event metadata of course
</snip>

SO I CAN DO THIS...

<snip>

<MyComp selectedItemChanged="doSomethingThatCannotBeDoneThroughBinding()"/>

</snip>

is there an implicit event that is fired when a Bindable property is changed??
I have digged a little into the generated AS and apparently the
"objectChange" event is used in general... but Is there a more
granular approach?

As a tangent to this issue.. ( now this is just in case any cairngorm
fella is reading this ), I believe that the ModelLocator should be
wrapp'able as an MXML tag to support inline event handlers... I always
do that with my model locators ( I just call them models though ).

Of course the MXML wrapper would create a new instance, which itself
would be wrapping a singleton. there are some patterns around that (
all of which involve some unwanted boiler plate code and repetition ).
I will post some more on this later perhaps. need some sleep now. good
night ;)

Best,
Aldo

--